Join The Coalition
You have been stripped of your right to access thousands of fine wines.
You had no voice to express your desire to retain this long held right to out-of-state wine shipments from retailers. Now there is HB 2462, a bill that will restore your access to fine wines but you must take immediate steps in support of HB 2462 now.
The IWCC has been formed solely to put the wine consumer first and to help restore your access to the wines you want!
Join the IWCC, write in support of HB 2462 and help put the wine consumer first.
RETURN TO ILLINOIS CONSUMERS THE RIGHT TO BUY WINE FROM OUT-OF-STATE RETAILERS, AUCTION HOUSES AND WINE CLUBS
On Friday, February 20th Representative Julie Hamos (Evanston) introduced HB 2462, a bill that would roll back the ban on consumers having wine shipped to them from out-of-state wine stores that was passed in August 2007 and went into effect June 1, 2008.
You can find your Illinois State Representative by CLICKING HERE. Search using the “By Address” option.
Write to and tell your state representative:
I support HB 2462 and the right it would give me to have wine shipped to me from out-of-state retailers, a right I had for 15 years before it was revoked in 2007. Please support this bill and please sign on as a co-sponsor
1. Create a permit that out-of-state retailers may obtain allowing them to ship you the wines you order over the telephone, over the Internet or after visiting their stores.
2. Provide enhanced tax revenue to the state of Illinois when out-of-state retailers remit taxes on the wines they ship into the state.
3. Assure that all out-of-state wine stores that obtain a permit fall under the legal and regulatory jurisdiction of the State of Illinois.
4. Protect against minors obtaining alcohol via direct shipment by assuring that signatures are obtained by an adult prior to delivery.
5. Give back to Illinois consumers the legal access to all wines available in the United States that was taken from them in 2007
Also, please Sign the IWCC Petition that will be sent to every Illinois state legislator and the governor. CLICK HERE to Sign The Petition.
Finally, if you are not already a member of the Illinois Wine Consumer Coalition CLICK HERE to join.
Consider choosing to support the only wine consumer advocacy group in Illinois by MAKING A DONATION to the IWCC. No other organization in Illinois is standing up to support your right to access the wines you want.